If you are struggling with homelessness or need a safe place to sleep, please get in touch. We’re here to help.
Streetwork Helpline: 0808 178 2323
Anyone can call our 24hr freephone Edinburgh helpline for immediate advice or support.
Other useful helplines
- City of Edinburgh Council: Out of hours telephone service for emergency housing 0800 032 5968
- The Edinburgh Crisis Centre for support with mental health crises Freephone 0808 801 0414 Text 0797 442 9075
- Breathing Space/ Samaritans 0800 83 85 87 – a confidential free phoneline for anyone in Scotland feeling low, anxious or depressed.
- Domestic Abuse Helpline 0800 027 1234
PLACES TO GO
You don’t need an appointment – just drop in for info or support.
The Holyrood Hub is our main venue offering a range of support and practical help.
- Address: 22 Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AF
- Weekdays Monday-Friday: 7.15am – 10pm
- Weekends Saturday-Sunday: 8.15am – 4pm
- What’s available? (Visit this page for more information on what is available at the Hub).
- Support, advocacy and advice
- Amenities including showers, telephone, computers, laundry, correspondence address
- Specialist drop-ins Workshops
Drop-ins for Women (in the community)
Social Bite Drop-in for Women
- Address: 131 Rose Street, Edinburgh EH2 3DT
- Open: Wednesday 4 – 5.30pm
- What’s available?
- A safe space to engage informally with Streetwork staff and get information about services; can get immediate support, signposting and referrals if needed.
Links Place Drop-in
Drop-in for women involved in selling sex on the street. Delivered in partnership with SACRO, NHS and the Salvation Army.
- Address: Please call our helpline for address details (0800 032 5968)
- Open: Wednesday 9pm – midnight
- What’s available?
- Safe and private space
- Tea/coffee and basic amenities (toilets, hand basin, mirrors), information about harm reduction, needle exchange
- Nurse is available
- Access to ‘National Ugly Mug’ scheme for people to report crime anonymously and alert other women about potential risks.
There are many places in the city that provide free (or cheap) food. Here is a list of these locations:
You can download the file, or pop into one of our venues to pick up a copy.