Need help now? Call freephone 0808 178 2323. HOME

Compliments & Complaints

Streetwork aims to provide a high quality, accessible and useful service so if you are satisfied or dissatisfied with any aspect of our service, please let us know.


Please complete the form below if you are particularly satisfied with our services.



What to do if you’re unhappy with our service?

Streetwork aims to provide high quality, accessible and useful services for the people
we support. We want to know if you are not happy with the service you have
received so that we can try to resolve the problem for you and make any
improvements that are needed. We take complaints seriously and will do our best to
resolve any concerns as quickly as we can. If needed, we can make arrangements
for your support to be provided by another worker while we do this.


We want to hear your views on the service you receive and you will not be
disadvantaged because you have raised a complaint. If you feel comfortable to, in
the first instance you can talk to a Support Worker about your concern. We
understand you may not think this is appropriate so you are welcome to contact a
Team Leader to discuss any concerns you have. Team Leaders can be contacted in
person in our buildings, or by telephone, email or via our website. You are also
welcome to speak with a Service Manager if you don’t want to talk to a Team Leader,
or if your issue concerns them. Details of how to contact us are provided below.


If you do not feel it is appropriate to discuss the issue with us in person, or you are
not happy with the outcome when you do, you can let us know about your complaint
in writing. If you need help to do this please get in touch and we will arrange for
someone who is not involved to assist you. We can also help you to get support to
raise your complaint from someone outside of Streetwork if you would prefer that.
Details of how to find an independent advocate are provided in the ‘who else you can
contact’ section below.


Complaints Procedure

All complaints will be taken seriously and handled sensitively. You will not be disadvantaged because you have raised a concern. If you would like to make a formal complaint about the service you have received you can do so using the following procedure.

  • Complete the complaints form provided below detailing your concern and give it to us marked for the attention of the Service Manager.

  • We will contact you within 3 working days of receiving your complaint to arrange a meeting so that we discuss the issue with you.

  • We are happy for you to bring someone to the meeting to support you if you think this would be helpful. If you would like us to help you find someone to advocate for you, please let us know and we will put you in contact with someone independent. If you are complaining about one of our staff, they will not be present at this meeting.

  • When we have found out more about your complaint at the meeting we will let you know what the next step is. We may have to investigate the issue further and if we do we will let you know how long we expect this to take; we will aim to complete any investigation as quickly as possible and will aim to take no longer than 20 working days once we have agreed the matters which require investigation.

  • We will offer to meet you again to let you know the outcome of our investigation into your complaint and to discuss how we can continue to support you if that is what you want. We will tell you about our investigation and the decisions we have made and we will also give you this information in writing. We hope that we will find an outcome that you will be happy with.

  • If you still feel that you have not been treated fairly or your views listened to, you can ask to meet with the Assistant Director of Services. We will agree a time to meet with you as soon as reasonably possible and again, you are welcome to bring an advocate to support you.

  • The Assistant Director will let you know at the meeting what the next step will be if the issue can not be resolved immediately. We may need to investigate the issue further and if so, we will let you know how long we expect this to take. If we do have to look further into the concern you have raised, we will offer to meet you again when we have done so. We will let you know what we have found and talk about how we can continue to support you if that is what you want. We will also give you a written record of the outcome.

  • We hope that following this you will feel that the matter has been dealt with to your satisfaction and that you will feel able to continue to use our services.


How to contact us

You can contact us in person, by telephone, by email or via our website. You can also write to us using our postal address. Contact details are as follows:

18 South Bridge
Tel: 0131 344 0825


Streetwork Holyrood Hub
22 Holyrood Road
Tel: 0131 557 6055


Website: (using the ‘contact us’ tab).

Who else you can contact about your concern concern

We encourage you to use our complaints procedure to raise a complaint or concern with us in the first instance but we understand that you may not think this is appropriate. In this event you can raise your concern with the Care Inspectorate or the Scottish Social Services Council. Details of how to contact them are as follows:


The Care Inspectorate

  • Please note that the Care Inspectorate ask that you raise your concern with them within 6 months if possible.

  • Their complaints procedure can be found on their website: or you can ask for a paper copy to be sent to you.You can telephone the Care Inspectorate on 0345 600 9527.

  • You can email the Care Inspectorate at

  • You can make your complaint online via

  • If you are not happy with the outcome with the Care Inspectorate you can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman – details of how to do so are provided in the Care Inspectorate’s complaints procedure.


Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)

You can make a complaint about a registered worker directly to the SSSC.

Details of how to complain can be found on their website:

You can telephone SSSC on 0345 60 30 891.


Independent Advocacy Services

If you feel you need independent help to make your complaint an independent advocacy service may be able to assist you. You can find out about local independent advocacy services by contacting:


Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance

London House

20-22 East London Street
Edinburgh, EH7 4BQ
Tel: 0131 556 6443


Streetwork is proud to be part of Simon Community Scotland. Charity Registered in Scotland No. SC003076. Limited Company No. SC137419.
Registered address: 472 Ballater Street, Glasgow. G5 0QW.